Tuesday 31 July 2012

Conversation about A Fun Day

Girl: Dad, I'm bored today. I want to go to a movie?
Dad: A movie today? Well, I don't know. Here. Let me look at the newspaper. Okay. Ah, here's a movie that starts in the afternoon at 2:45. Well, should we take mommy with us?
GirlYeah.
Dad: Okay, we have to wait for mommybecause she's at a meeting right now.
Girl: Okay.
Dad: Alright. And what should we do after we see the movie?
Girl: Go on a walk.
Dad: Well, where would you like to go on a walk? Would you like to go down to the beach or through the park?
Girl: To the beach.
Dad: To the beach. Well, that sounds great. And then maybe we can go out to eat tonight. Does that sound okay?
Girl: Yeah.


VOCABULARY WORD:

  • yeah (adverb): informal for yes; also yep
    - May I use your pen.
    Yeah, sure.
  • mommy (noun): an informal word for mother usually used by children; alsomom.
    Mommy. May I watch TV?
Question: If you were a child, where would you want your mother or father to take you on their day off (e.g., amusement park, zoo, swimming pool, a park, etc.)?

Credits to: RANDALL's ESL Cyber Listening Lab

No comments:

Post a Comment