Sunday 5 August 2012

Television Shows

My mother was telling me about how she and her family got their first television when she was a teenager. Of course it was black and white. She said she only watched it at night. She doesn't remember ever watching it in the morning or afternoon.When I was young we had only about 3 or 4 different channels. I think they were channel 3, 4, 6, and 9. My bothers and sisters and I would sometimes fight about which channel to watch. But we usually enjoyed the same shows.

Nowadays we can get hundreds of channels on TV. I can't believe it! There are channels with only old movies, and channels with only cooking, and channels with only fishing. It's amazing! There is a channel for everything.

I wonder how much my brothers and sisters and I would fight if we had hundreds of channels when I was a child. Of course we had only one television set. These days I notice families with 2 or 3 or more television sets in their homes. I guess it stops people from arguing over which channel to choose from.


SHARING IDEAS
1) Do you like watching television? Why or why not?

2) Do you think parents need to check what their children are watching? Why or why not?

8) Do you like watching more than one TV program at a time? Why or why not?


No comments:

Post a Comment